But let's start from the beginning.
It was our wedding night...haha just kidding. Not that far back.
So my last post I explained how on that Monday I got my membranes stripped and it basically did nothing. Obviously. It either works in two days or not at all.
Continuing on with that story; So that week rolls on and my cute husband still has me in baby boot camp; pine apple, walking curbs, raspberry leaf tea, bouncing on the exercise ball, doing the dirty, we seriously did EVERYTHING to get this baby out and I just never felt different. Contractions here and there, even ones I could count, but it just never got bad.
Sunday morning, July-27, I woke up to another one of those light contractions around 8:30 am. I didn't think anything of it and grabbed my phone to do my morning routine of social media, and about five minutes later it hit me again. Another light contraction. I still wasn't worried or getting excited but I had a feeling this time might be different. I started timing them and by the time Brandon work up around 10:00 it had been a solid hour and a half of contractions every five minutes. They still weren't super bad but they were getting there! We laid in bed for a minute and I finally mentioned to him what was going on. He asked what we should do and duh! I had to get my makeup on! Haha so I started getting ready for the day, I just had to pause for those dang contractions! Brandon maybe had a slight freak out and started going ham on cleaning the house. Not like picking up dirty laundry, like move everything out of the kitchen and get down on your hands and knees!
By the time I had done my makeup and hair I could hardly walk when the contractions hit, they were still 5 minutes apart but getting bad. We called our parents and told them what was happening and decided to go to the hospital just to get checked out.
One thing hospitals do that expecting mothers don't know about; if you go into labor before your due date, they won't believe you. The nurses make you sit in a room for up to an hour with the machine monitoring you.
We got to american fork hospital right before noon and they pulled me back into a room and checked my cervix, I was dilated to a 3.5. She hooked me up to a machine and left. Oh boy was that hour P U R E. H E L L.
My contractions were every minute or two at that point and beyond painful poor Brandon had no idea what to do! My older sister had her cute boy all natural (she is crazy) and was telling me little tips and tricks on how to keep your body calm to help the contractions. I call bull shit on all of that. There is no such thing to help contractions Haha. They are of the devil and that's it.
Okay so after the hour in that room the nurse comes back and checks me, lucky I had progressed so they could admit me! At 1:00 I was dilated to a 4.5.
So we move rooms and luckily the Anistesologist (did I spell that right?) was right there waiting and I got my epidural fast! Epidurals don't hurt, but there is like annoying pressure and a baby poke as he is doing it. The worst part was the antibiotics I had to get in my IV for being positive for what is called 'group B Strep'. It's nothing crazy but I need it to prevent the baby from getting it. The antibiotic was penicillin. It hurt so so so so bad going through my arm! For a good five minutes I felt like my arm was going to fall off, it probably would have been better if it had.
*From here on my story moves pretty dang quick so hang in there! I'm sorry this is such a long post!*
So once I got my epidural, our families and my good friend Madie show up. I was feeling so freaking good at that point, watching the monitor say my contractions were twice the strenght they were before, but I COULDN'T FEEL A THING! It was amazing.
The nurse came back to check me, I was at a 6 at 2:30 pm! Progressing very fast. My doctor showed up at 3:30 to break my water and I was dilated to an 8. By 4:15 I was a full 10 dilated and ready to push! What amazing feeling that is. I couldn't feel anything down there so I really didn't know if I was pushing, but the people in the delivery room all kept saying, 'look at all that hair!' Haha so I figured I was doing good.
Fifteen minutes later or beautiful Archer made his was into this world. Screaming and waving his long fingers around. 7lbs 1oz and 19 inches long. He is perfect. Absolutely perfect.
A few things about after delivery: emotions are off the chart; way worse then during pregnancy, nurses have to push on your stomach to check everything and it hurts really bad, and you dread going to the bathroom.
Breast feeding is really hard.. But we are getting the hang of it. My little man is the light of our world and we love him so much. I am just so happy to be home now!



No comments:
Post a Comment