Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Eviction notice.

Well I have hit full term! Although these days, most doctors don't consider you full term until around 39 weeks, I am 37 and a half weeks and ready to be done! 
Yesterday at my doctors appointment I was dilated to a 3 and fully effaced...how can I be FULLY EFFACED and not be in labor?! 
My doctor literally laughed when he checked me and said I was fully effaced. Me and Brandon still have no idea what we are doing so we were like, 'well what now?' Haha. I really like my doctor! (Side note: he actually delivered me and all my siblings! And now my baby, pretty cool!) so I definitely want him to be the one to deliver my babe, even though all he does is come in at the last part and then leave..
Anyway. This is on a Monday right? So doctor Corey tells me and Brandon that he will be gone from Wednesday night to Saturday night and he wants us to meet his partner doctor incase I go into labor while he is gone. Grrrrreat. Of course that would happen to me, Have my baby while my doctor is out of town. So basically we have two days to have this thing or hope he stays in till next week which is VERY unlikely to happen. 
I asked my doctor how he felt about stripping my membrabes and he agreed immediately. With how far along I already was he felt like I would come fast. 
For those who don't know, membrane stripping is... Well freak I don't even know. Google it. Some uncomfortable thing he does to my cervix or uterus wall that separates two things from each other? Haha but it's supposed to help induce labor. What I DO know about it is it either works within 24-48 hours or won't work at all. 
For some weird reason I freaked out and decided I didn't want to strip my membranes.. So me and Brandon left the Doctors and Brandon headed to work. 
A couple hours later after talking to my sister and mom we decided it couldn't hurt anything! If it works, great! If not, we are back to square one, wondering if he will come while my doctor is gone. Oh! And my in-laws would be gone that same time also. Awesome huh?
I called my doctor around 12:30 pm and told him I had changed my mind and wanted to come back to strip my membranes, he said to come back in right then! Ah! So I drive back, got it done, and went over to my parents house. Membrane stripping does not hurt p.s. It it's just very uncomfortable. 
So I colored my sisters hair and we went to mosey around the DI. By then it was about 3:30 and I was already spotting (gross, sorry) and cramping. So I was getting excited! 
Brandon got off work and we met back at our house. He turned into a freaking drill Sargent and was trying to make me down red raspberry leaf tea, walk curbs and anything else we could think of or google that induces labor haha. 
We went to the store and bought a pineapple, I found some crazy pregnancy dance that made Brandon pee his pants laughing while he watched me do it, and I took a nap:). Last night about 9:00 pm we went out to walk curbs and stairs and my legs were already sore from that dang pregnancy dance! But we walked for about 20 minutes before i was done and tired. 
After I cooled off, our baby was dancing around inside me and Brandon got to feel his little feet popping out of my sides for a good half an hour! I love when Brandon gets to feel him:). 
I just wish he could feel his feet OUTSIDE my body haha! 
I went to sleep last night with some pretty knarly cramping and mild contractions...it is now 5:00 pm on Tuesday, so about 29 hours since the stripping... And no baby. But contractions are happening so that is a plus. Another plus is I don't need my kitchen table anymore!! I have my own built-in table to hold all this nasty pineapple I am trying to eat. Lets hope hope hope baby Berrett comes tomorrow! 

No comments:

Post a Comment