Saturday, September 13, 2014

Sappy sappy.

I want to share a poem that my older sister shared with me earlier today. It's super long but take the time to read it if you are a mother! 

'From the moment you hold your baby in your arms you will never be the same

You might long for the person you were before 
When you had freedom and time
And nothing in particular to worry about

You will know tiredness like you never knew it before
Days will run into days that are exactly the same
Full of feedings and burping
Nappy changes and crying
Whining and fighting
Naps or a lack of naps
It might seem like a never-ending cycle

But don’t forget…

There is a last time for everything
There will come a time when you will feed your baby for the very last time
They will fall asleep on you after a long day
And it will be the last time you ever hold your sleeping child

One day you will carry them on your hip then set them down 
And never pick them up that way again
You will scrub their hair in the bath for one last time 
And from that day on they will want to bathe alone

They will hold your hand to cross the road 
Then will never reach for it again
They will creep into your room at midnight for cuddles
And it will be the last night you ever wake to this

One afternoon you will sing “the wheels on the bus” and do all the actions
Then never sing them that song again

They will kiss you goodbye at the school gate 
The next day they will ask to walk to the gate alone

You will read a final bedtime story and wipe your last dirty face
They will run to you with arms raised for the very last time.

The thing is, you won’t even know it’s the last time 
Until there are no more times. And even then, it will take you a while to realise.

So while you are living in these times, remember there are only so many of them and when they are gone, you will yearn for just one more day of them.
For one last time.'

I know it's crazy long but that'll pull at your heart strings!! 
It's 5:30 in the morning and I just finished feeding archer for the second time tonight. He is fast asleep but I don't want to put him down. 
As some of you know, Archer has been a very hard baby and it's tested me in every way. I sure do love him but parenthood is hard. 
I always find myself wishing for the next day, month and even year. Wishing for him to hold his head up, roll over, crawl, walk, and talk. 
Bre read this poem to me and we both had tears in our eyes. Ugh. 
Who knows when I will get up in the night to feed my little monkey, burp him and put him back down..
When he is older, who knows when I will hold his hand for the last time, or when he decides he is too old for my mommy kisses. 
We shouldn't take parenthood for granted, (easier said then done) especially being a mom. I feel we tend to push for the next day and forget the important things. 
I'm blabbing I know but it's just crazy. CRAZY! 
Geez.  us mothers are lucky..
The gift to be pregnant, have children, and have that special bond with them. 
It's definitely time for me to slow down and appreciate my baby, because he might grow out of that baby baby stage.. But then he will won't snuggle me. That's the best thing in the whole world...baby snuggles. 
Okay sappy rant over. 
P.s. My babe started smiling the other day! I sure hope that never has it's lasts:) 



No comments:

Post a Comment