Monday, September 8, 2014

Remember that one time?

So to clear up my crazy purple hair, you have to know the whole story:).
For a few months now I have been showing Brandon pictures of that awesome grey/lavender hair and I just love it! I kept telling him I wanted to do it and of course, he was all for it! Brandon loves funky stuff like that. 
Thursday morning I decided to surprise him and do it. I texted my friend who I work with and she had an opening that morning!! 
I ran (drove) to salon centric; a store where licensed cosmetologists can buy color, tools etc...
I asked them where their provana color was and told them what I wanted to do. One mean worker girl who was so sassy told me they were out of lavender. BUT. If I mixed the vibrant purple with some clear color to dilute it, it would be the exact same. 
Once I get in my head something I want, I have a REALLY hard time waiting for it. I WANT IT NOW. So even though I had a bad feeling in the back of my head, I bought the clear and vibrant purple haha. 
I went back to the salon and Kimber mixed it up. Legit p u r p l e. Like the brightest crazy purple haha. We slapped it on my hair anyway.. Goodbye perfect blonde. 
So then I was purple. HAHAHA.
The girl at salon centric is a liar.
I actually liked it at first! But once I got home and the more I looked at it I kind of wanted to die. 
Only white trash people have their whole head bright purple (sorry if you're not white trash and have this hair). 
Luckily the next day another girl I work with had time to do a bleach wash on it. A bleach wash is just bleach diluted with warm water. We wags it over my hair for a few minutes and it pulls the purple right out. 
Now I have that awesome grey/violet I wanted all along! And a cool story and pictures to go with. 
I don't have any good pictures of my hair now so enjoy this crappy one, except my bath bear is the cutest thing ever:).
At least I have a funny story to tell later on, right?! 'Remember that one time I had purple hair...'




No comments:

Post a Comment